Dr. Kishor Vora,MD, FACC, FSCAI
Dr. Vora is a native of India, and has practiced Owensboro, Kentucky since 1992. He lives in Owensboro with his wife Beena and their three children.
- Bachelor of Science: University of Bombay, Grant Medical College in Bombay, India
- Internship & Residency: Veterans Administration Medical Center/Affiliated Hahnemann University in Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania
- Fellowship in Congestive Heart Failure & Heart Transplants: Oregon Health Science University in Portland, Oregon
- Fellowship in Invasive & Interventional Cardiology: Providence Hospital in Southfield, Michigan
- Board Certified in internal medicine, 1989
- Board Certified in cardiovascular disease, 1991, 2012
- Board Certified in interventional cardiology, 1999, 2009
- Board Certified in endovascular medicine 2005
- Board Certified in vascular medicine 2005
- Board Certified by the Certification Council of Nuclear Cardiology 1992
- Diplomat of the Certification Board of Cardiovascular Computed Tomography 2009
In addition to his academic achievements, he was the first cardiologist in the area to:
- Insert drug-eluting stents, that reduce the rate of recurring coronary artery blockage.
- Perform radial (wrist) artery approach for catheterization in 1996.
- Offer External Counter Pulsation for angina patients.
- Perform rotational atherectomy of coronary stenosis and peripheral arteries
- Start the coronary and peripheral arterial LASER procedure.
- Offer a non-surgical closure treatment for varicose veins.
- Cardiac (Stents, Atherectomy/ LASER): Greater than 7,000 procedures
- PAD, Peripheral Artery Disease (Stent, Atherectomy / LASER): Greater than 3,000 procedures
- Vein / VNUS Closure: Greater than 2,000 procedures
Dr. Vora performs numerous cardiac procedures at local hospitals and he is also active in Clinical ResearchTrials. His most recent participation in the clinical study “Improve-IT” just recently made national headlines with Vytorinbeing positive for heart attack prevention.